Tuesday, December 13, 2011

R.I.P

What do you do when one of your best buddies ask you, "Lemme R.I.P"?

Sometimes back me and my best buddy had some major differences. This isn't the first time that we had a difference but eventually we figure it out that one can not ever run from one's mirror image so we always used to reconcile. But this time when we had our yet another tsunami difference we went into our shells rather than confronting each other and swearing at each other.

Let me give you how similarly different we are. Ya, you read it right my dear friends, the only words that can ever describe us together is 'similarly different '. To begin with our similarities we both are single child, we both are kinda funny. We both enjoy good books, we both are coffee addicts, we both enjoy playing pranks, we both criticize each other to the point of insanity and we drive each other crazy. Different because he hides his loneliness and sadness in his arrogance and I am a cry baby in that manner. Moreover, I try to get him out of his shell and he avoids me when I do that. I guess now you understand how we are 'similarly different'

Now back to the original topic. So, a few days I had enough and we had a huge indifference again. But this time we did not confront each other rather we went to our protective shells. I fought myself crazy against picking up the phone to call him and he being himself did not call me. This time it was enough running after for me. I said to myself that this is it and if I do not mean anything to him then why should I always take the pains to understand his feelings and act accordingly. Now, thinking about it I really should have done this years ago. But 'me being me' had to track him down from oblivion to see this day.

The silence lasted a couple of weeks. I saw his Facebook updates and controlled my urge to send some of his sarcasm back to him. But I could not control my urge much longer at lastly failing in my attempt I poured all the sarcasm unto a comment and posted it officially starting the cold war of words. So for a time I was hurling the sarcasm and criticism unto him and he accepted all that. I was surprised how could a arrogant person like him take in all this so modestly without being defensive. But I did not stop as I wanted to know when is he going to turn the table arround.

So one day I had left a post on one of our common friend's wall in Facebook and he replied. I again did the lashing but this time he sent me a email with a subject line 'R.I.P' asking me to let him rest in peace.

Intentionally or unintentionally I had once again taken the inciative to break the ice between us but it turned out that my good friend, my best buddy has washed his hands off me living me high and dry.

I really don't know how should you react when your best bud tells you, "Lemme R.I.P". Do you leave them to rest in peace or do you kick their butt and get them back on track to lose them to another episode.

No comments: